The last few weeks we've enjoyed a little more structure and relaxed activities. We got to see Jared's Beach Volleyball playoffs and the boys got to play at the beach one last time during the Summer. It was also the last night of the summer concert series, so the boys boogied to some tunes on the beach to! I love this picture of my little 5 year old. Seriously, how grown up does he look?
Checking out the lifeguard stand...
We attended a super fun birthday party for our cute neighbors. The boys loved it because it was a little gymnastics place. After we move next, we really may have to get this little one in gymnastics. He loved it!
Just thought this picture was funny because it pretty much described their experience. Brody did awesome following all the teachers with the activities and had a ton of fun with the other kids. Parker, on the other hand, played mostly by himself and we could barely get him in the group shot. For all of his craziness, he really is a shy kid. It always catches me off guard because I'm not used to seeing that side of him!
We started our new year of pre-school. I set everything up on a board this year instead of on the wall since we'll be moving again soon. The boys and I are both loving having this as part of our routine again. Brody's getting much better at reading and has decided he loves math. Have I mentioned how much he's his father's child yet? I put this on my Facebook, so I apologize for the repeat, but I wanted to add it here for my blog book. The other day I asked Brody what he wanted to be when he grew up. He said, "A dad, a missionary, and a lego builder." Then I turned and asked Parker what he wanted to be. He replied, "Hulk Smash." Does that ever seem fitting?!
Hulk Smash still prefers sleeping on the floor. He kills me.
Now I'm really not sure whether to be happy or sad about the fact that Brody seems to have moved on from cars. It makes me sad because that's all he's really played with since the time he could hold anything in his hand. It makes me happy because he's branching out and finding interest in new things and broadening his horizons. He has also found a new interest in the instruction manuals that come with each lego set. He's hilarious as it fits right up his attention to detail alley. He studies these pictures on the backs and then tells me all about every aspect of the pictures. He's sharing his knowledge with his brother...
We are enjoying the green before it turns into fall. I can't tell you how excited I am for the fall here. I figured I should take a couple pictures of the green, though, since we'll probably not see it again before we move (in Jan/Feb). This is the main freeway that goes between Jared's work and the zoo. It doesn't allow any commercial vehicles on it and is billboard free. It's beautiful and I love to drive it. I really do feel like every time I leave my house in Connecticut I'm on a "scenic drive".
Just a couple pictures from the zoo...
Helping his brother up the hill :)
Yesterday Brody sat down on his own with paper and a pen and told me he was writing his letter to Santa. I told him Santa didn't take letters until after Thanksgiving so he put them on the fridge to save them. The left one says "Lego Jungle Station". He ran out of room for the "station" on that one so the 3rd piece of paper actually has the rest of the word. The middle one says "Police Lego Station" in somewhat of a random order at the end. He's hilarious and it's going to be a long 3 months.
Just a couple other stories from my boys from the past little bit.
*Last week I went by Parker's room and noticed he was sleeping in his rocking chair surrounded by his animals. When I asked him later why he was sleeping in his rocking chair he said, "I was rocking my animals and making them happy!" Sweet boy rocked himself to sleep.
*I created a chore chart for both of the boys to earn their trip to the lego store (they had been having some trouble getting along so I told them they had to earn it instead of just getting to go for Brody's birthday). I put a box for each chore on each day for them to check off. For the first few days Brody did awesome. One the 4th day he got smart and decided he was going to expedite this chart. He proceeded to make and unmake his bed over and over to fill out his boxes, brushed his teeth 8 times in one day, etc. I'm going to have to up my ante.
Hope you're all enjoying your last few days of summer! Jared is heading to Boise tomorrow to make a presentation at Boise State and go the the Boise State vs. BYU football game. I really wish I knew how to fit myself into his suitcase!!










3 comments:
Sometimes those little stinkers are too smart for their own good! Good thing they're cute, right? ;)
love reading about those sweet boys. :) and love your awesome preschool board and chore ideas! Brody is a sharp little guy! :) hope you are having fun with family!
I love the trip with your dad. What and awesome memory! Be careful with running with rocks- my nephew did that while camping and his finger will never be the same again. Your school board is awesome and I don't know how you have so many fun trips and do so much school stuff. Lastly, I'm understanding more why you keep so busy- while Nick was out of town this weekend, we need friend over, trips to the part, and movie nights to stay sane!
Post a Comment